[tcb] Strippers

  • From: Duncan <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 17:34:22 -0500

I am in the process of stripping a ghia down to the metal. I am using up what I
had on the shelf, Klean Strip and Citrus Strip, and they are working. It works
but is taking a few extra applications and lots of elbow grease, though.

Part of the problem is the cheap, MAACO paint job over original. The other
problem is the amount of bondo on the car. The strippers will cut right into
it. Not really a problem since I am taking all bondo thicker than a finish coat
off and doing it right.

I will go over it all once with airplane stripper, as Sammy suggests. It does
work best.

And Sammy: who are you kidding? A handsome, sauve and debonaire gentleman such
as yourself not having any luck? Right.

Duncan