[tcb] Re: Steering Box Rebuild

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 08:08:47 -0800 (PST)

The earlier bus is definitely a different animal. I'm still getting used to the
swing axle. I drove my bay for years on regular car tires being blown all over
the road until I found out about the Hankooks. Unfortunately I absolutely have
to have those B. F. Goodrich Silvertown 6.70-15 Load Range B 4 ply white walls
on this Bus so I'm sure I am a bit more wind driven because of it but it makes
me happy to look at them : )

I had thought of getting some Hankooks for the trip down to Fredericksburg and
switching back to the white walls but I haven't been able to find a set of wide
5 Bus wheels. Anyone wanna get rid of any just let me know!

My steering box might be fine. This Bus was only on the road for 11 years
before it was hidden in a barn for 30 years. I think we created the leak when
we ran the new horn wire.

I'll see if I can drive Robb's around in the wind before I go the rebuild
route. I will try and seal up the leak from the horn wire with a thicker piece
of rubber and if that doesn't work I'll try the Hylomar