[tcb] Re: Steering Box Rebuild

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 05:09:52 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, I was wondering why you were tearing into Murray's tranny.

From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Steering Box Rebuild
To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 9:21 AM

Has anyone had experience rebuilding a steering box on a splitty? Mine is
leaking like a sieve.

I was told by a local mechanic that there is no literature available on the
size of the seals in the box and the best way to do it would be to take it
apart and source the parts after removing them to get measurements.

Believe it or not this is the last thing I need done on this Bus to drive it
long distance!

--
My Email Moniker
http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx