[tcb] Re: Squeaky

  • From: "Will" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 23:01:18 -0600

Could be a shock then.  Embrace the squeek or install a cat.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
Julie wrote:

I did see the grease come out at the other ends.  Then I drove it for about a
mile.  Then greased all five fittings again and another short test drive.
It squeaks even when I am getting in or out of the Bus. Oh no, is it time for
me to diet?
I did not think to check for brake wear.  My mechanic did brake work last
October, new pads and a rebuilt brake booster.
I do not know how to check wheel bearings.

On Jan 31, 2010, at 5:04 PM, "Will" &lt;evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When applying the grease did you see it coming out around the torsion arm
seals?  Also do you see any premature or any unusual brake wear?  Grease the
zerk fittings until you see grease coming out past the seals and check wheel
bearings too.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
Julie wrote:

My front end on my '71 is getting too squeaky.  I bought myself a

grease gun and added grease to the five places on the beam.  But alas

it is still just as squeaky.  How do I know if I need new shocks

verses needing other work done down there?

I can easily enough get new shocks on this week but probably won't

have the time and energy to get a bigger project done.

So if it is still squeaky after new shocks, am I risking a more costly

repair if I keep driving until I can get him fixed properly?

Julie