[tcb] Re: Split window rubber

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 18:55:22 -0800 (PST)

I think they leaked from the factory Shirley.  Lyle Cherry told me a neat bus
story once.  He started his life as a VW mechanic at a VW dealership, not sure
which one but assume Foreign Car Co in Ft. Worth which was the original VW
dealer there opening in 1956 and later became University.  At any rate; Lyles
story was about all of the people who bought a new VW Type II (split) and would
come back in for warranty service to stop the wind noise in the front door
windows.  Yeah, good luck, there is no way to stop wind noise in a split front
door window, and I'm not real sure there is a way to completely stop water
leaks either.

 From:  sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;  To:  tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>;  Subject:  [tcb] Re: Split window rubber  Sent:  Mon, Dec
30, 2013 12:08:18 AM
There ain't no way it's super easy and quick.  Tell Tyler I've done many of
them and it's the hardest damn part of restoring the entire bus.