[tcb] Re: Split window rubber

  • From: Steve Chamberlain <steveraychamberlain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 06:22:16 -0600

Sorry Sammie I don't think that you are a curmudgeon....you are an
accountant (which is worse). I didn't own a bus in the '60's but those that
did (often called hippies) didn't worry about the correct number of threads
on the screws that hold in the latch frame on the sliding window. They used
whatever screw was available from the floor or bottom of the tool box. That
is if the frame didn't get thrown into the bottom of the tool box itself.
The VW is called the 'peoples car' for a reason. Even the VW factory used
whatever parts were left over from the previous model year on the new model.