[tcb] Re: Sparky's new home???

  • From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 16:03:01 -0700 (PDT)

Kim & Ed decided to ship Sparky to Alabama  via DAS - $608 instead of chancing
flying and driving in this weather.   With wind blowing outside, that was
probably a wise choice.  He had to be at work early Monday morning and didn't
like the idea of a 750 mile road trip in a 35 year old van.  I'll left the fan
belt, gaskets and quart of oil in the cabinet, but I retrieved the clutch and
throttle cables.

Can't wait to get started on my single cab now that I have a budget and space.

See you next weekend.

Ronnie

Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Throw in some extra valve cover
gaskets and a fan
belt, just in case!
--- j duncan  wrote:

> Have your deposit ready.
>
> ----Original Message Follows----
> From: Mark Sawyer
>
> Grease the front suspension, wash the windows, Have
> the title transfer
> papers ready. Wish them well and go get your new
> single cab.
>
> Ronnie Hughes  wrote:
> Hartselle, Alabama.  Kim & Ed
> are flying in today and driving back!  764 miles.  I
> guess they will know
> Sparky by the time they get home.
>
> Anything I should check before they take off?  I
> changed the oil, filter,
> cleaned the strainer & replaced the gaskets, checked
> the oil in the tranny,
> adjusted the valves, replaced the plugs (what gap do
> you use?), checked the
> fuel lines.  Made sure the jack had a wood block,
> checked the pressure on
> the spare.
>
> Ah, lug nuts for spare.
>
> Anything else?
>
> Ronnie

> Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more
> from Microsoft Office
> Live!

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If
you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've
never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop
thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in
which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater
than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey

http://mail.yahoo.com

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.