[tcb] Re: Some pictures from Fredericksburg

  • From: a1992cabbygirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 08:22:08 -0400

 These don't help either.  The NHVWC is saying that this year everything is
going to be roped off like it is at the Autorama.  Starting point will be on
one side...snake through like a sidewalk...and then end at the other end.  I
will believe it when I see it.  Supposedly they are trying this because of all
of the complaints (finally...in my opinion).

From: a1992cabbygirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx <a1992cabbygirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 7, 2010, 10:12 PM

Yes, the Monument show is "around the monument" this year.  Supposedly it is
where the first one was and this being the 20th annual show...Saucier(Bay Area
Club president) said the club decided to move it.  Mark and I went to the club
meeting on Thursday and it was very interesting.  We had never been to one of
their meetings...and probably won't be going back for a long time...55 miles
one-way from our house.  The poker run on Saturday, the 15th sounds like it is
going to be huge.  It does start at the Monument at 3 pm.  They are planning on
over 50 cars to participate and it is a total of 32 miles...the give-a-way this
year is a special made poker chip.
Sunday the gates open at 8 for club displays and vendors.  Gates open at 9 for
everyone else.  Hope to see a good turnout of TCBers.

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, May 7, 2010, 2:15 PM

Paul:  Thought that was the story but was not sure I ever got it straight.  I
hate theives and just generally dishonest people.  If you could come with some
type of description and maybe a picture of the rack, or at least a good
description of the rack maybe we could track him down.  There aren't that many
bus people around here and there are a lot of TCB rs.

When I went to Ennis last week I parked my pickup in the motel parking lot and
left a floor jack and step stool in the bed.  Now I wouldn't normally do that
except the jack was one of those dinky things that you buy in Wally World for
about $19 and was at least 20 years old, worth a max of $5 at a garage sale.
The step stool, which I use to detail the top of busses since I am vertically
challenged was about the same.  Beat up, house paint all over it and you had to
curse it good to get it unstuck to stand up.  Well, some theif made off with
both of them during the night.  Why someone would risk a theft charge for two
items that they couldn't sell for $5 in a garage sale I don't know.  There are
just a lot of pure bums in the world, unfortunately some of them in the VW
community.

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 4:54 PM

That's a good question!  I never even got an understandable explanation of what
happened in the first place, much less a conclusion.