[tcb] Re: So, Chuck is here

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:29:52 -0600

It's a power thing. he likes to show me how dumb I am.
        From: coocoo@xxxxxxx
        To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Subject: [tcb] So, Chuck is here
        Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:46:17 -0600

        I bought an after market sway bar when I was at the Bulli Brigade. Best
swap meet ever. Anyway, I bought two bars and 4 boxes of parts. Not until today
did I turn out all the boxes and instructions onto a table. The instructions
looked like something from Indiana Jones. The envelopes were manila from, like
the Korean War and the papers were all termite eaten and crumbly. But there was
even a really old decal. The company was Addon. They made swaybars.

        As a fluke I Googled them. They are making sway bars for Lotus, They
are still in business big time. I call the 800 number. They answer. I say I
have some really old stuff here for a "63 VW bus. She says, "Kit 935?" and I
look at the Egyptian looking stuff and find the number. "Yes, could you E-mail
me the instructions?" "Yes, Do you also have the rear kit, 735?" I look "Yes"
She emails both.

        So, my friend, Brad, who built my big new room, and Chuck install the
front bar while I found tools and washers and took abuse.

        We come to the rear bar and we attach everything at the shocks, but
then the bar won't come up high enough to attach at the frame. The bars that
run under and parallel to the tranny, in front of the tranny support wont let
the bar make contact with the frame.

        Why?

        We told this tale to another long time VW guy, and he knew immediately.

        What is the problem?

2/20/2008 10:26 AM

11:05 AM