[tcb] Re: Shorty

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 21:26:22 -0700 (PDT)

Ok, gotta get in on the first car.  Bought my oldest daughter her first car at
16 in 87.  Original 65,000 mile 64 Ghia convertible.  Still have it.  Bought my
second and youngest daughter her first car in 89.  67 bug converted to a baja.
Still have it, still drive it, she says I stole it from her.  100,000 miles +
since 89 and still going strong.  has been all over the US to VW shows.  But I
live in Nacogdoches.  I would be hesitant to buy a 16 year olddaughter a VW to
drive in Houston, Austin or DFW.  But that's a heck of a lot better than buying
them something that will go 120+ while they talk on a cell phone.  I live in a
college town and from lots of personal experience I can tell you how the
average 18 year old girl drives.  And it ain't safely.

TheresaBuckner@xxxxxxx wrote:       Hello everone     My daughter got a nova
for first car .    THEN  she got 68 camero vert .  That got her through college
. Sold the vert for a 57 ragtop bug . There is nothing wrong with free parts
and repair from her old man .       Terry

  See what's free at AOL.com.