[tcb] Re: Seatbelt Question

  • From: "chuck" <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:59:16 -0600

California hippie bus at 2a.m What did you expect? hell! Sammie's heart is not
even running at
2 a.m.That's why he dosen't get in trouble.
  I haven't had any problem with the antigue plate.if they can't figure out the
the bus is really old they should be in another line of work.
oleblue
            From: Shakey Spudman <dblcab67@xxxxxxxxx>

            To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

            Date: Wednesday, December 22, 2010, 4:08 PM

            if you register as a Classic, you still need annual inspection and
registration because its considered a daily driver. Antique does not require
inspection or even insurance and you get a 5 year registration tag. however
driving around without a insp. sticker on your window is a RED flag to the
police. now if you enjoy being stopped and conversing with law enforcement,
choose antique. otherwise just get it inspected IMO.

            On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Eric Woodall
<ericthomaswoodall@xxxxxxx> wrote:

              25 years old or older and with your vehicle registered as a
classic or antique.

              On Dec 22, 2010, at 3:49 PM, kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

                        Heyyyy, back up. How does one forgo the necessity of
getting an inspection? Is there an age limit or something?
                        They don't do inspections where I grew up. Back in
Detroit everybody's engine light is always on. We just put black tape over it
and keep on driving.

                      --- On Wed, 12/22/10, Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

                        From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                        To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                        Date: Wednesday, December 22, 2010, 2:57 PM

                        Replacement.  My experience with springs is if it was
wound at a factory
                        you can't rewind it by hand it just never works.  Plus
you can put an
                        eye out.

                        On 12/22/2010 1:57 PM, J Duncan wrote:
                        > Freedom's inspected for another year! Only a couple
more years until I
                        > can forgo this necessity. Since I have the whole
interior out for new
                        > carpeting and paint, I had to run the seat belt
latches down to the
                        > shop. They weren't going to slap a sticker on just by
taking my word
                        > that I have them and they work.
                        >
                        > Does anyone know if the return latch can be adjusted?
The driver's
                        > belt has to be rewound in by feeding it by hand. Is
it a hassle to fix
                        > or should I just look for a replacement?

07:34:00