[tcb] Re: Seat ?s

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 20:32:10 -0600

I just got seat covers at Target.

But I'm an idiot.

Message ----- From: "Julie Maroney" <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 4:51 PM
Subject: [tcb] Seat ?s

In my attempt to restore my '66 21 window to as close to perfection as
I can get it, I am now working on the seat frames and springs.  I
could use some advice.

In the past I disassembled my middle and back seats, had the frames
sand blasted and then powder coated.  As far as I understand it - the
springs look like they are in great shape - not really rusty and a
little greasy.

I did not do anything with my front seats 'cause I thought I'd save a
couple bucks and pretty up the frames myself since only a little bit
of them is visible but now I second guessing my decision and might go
ahead and pay for the royal treatment.  Does anyone have an opinion either
way?

And the springs for the front seats are much rustier looking.  I'm not
worried that they are going to fall apart just that maybe they will be
squeaky or perhaps the rust will progress.  Should I do anything to
them and if so, what?  Are they supposed to be a little greasy to keep
them from rusting and squeaking?

Julie