[tcb] Re: Scandal alert!

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:26:26 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

And non-VW driving editors miss more than just blatant ignorance of the
laws of mechanical physics (buses being stopped with no-one manning the
brakes).

Go rent a copy of the Steve Martin "Cheaper By The Dozen" remake (and if
you thought it was the original then the oldtimers may forgive you if you
just keep your mouth shut about it).

The bus in the Movie is a California Bus, and Holly, an Illinois Bus owned
by Buskatier Georgia Fordham. Holly, at some time in her life has had some
bumper work done, and not quite completed. Her front bumper is grey. The
Cali bus has a shiny white front bumper. Holly is only in the movie a few
seconds but that glaring error stands right out to any bus owner.

http://www.phorce1.com/georgiabus/

And no, my name is not Gerland now -- and you don't HAVE to own a bus to be
a Buskatier, just love them. And Melvin (who was actually a '69) made the
trip beautifully but the Michigan salt had taken its toll with a beam (and
many other places) rusted almost clear through. His engine has been
transplanted to Kyle's new '70, 'Go Go', and I have most everything else
that was removeable in storage. The remains of Melvin have gone on to to VW
heaven.

G2