[tcb] Scam Bus--don't be fooled

  • From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TCB TCB <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 05:56:48 -0700 (PDT)

Beware of potential scams.  I responded to a craigslist ad that was posted here
in Austin regarding a bus for sale.   The price was too low and it smelled of a
scam, about one hour later craigslist pulled the ad.  Here is the response I
received.

First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I sell it
at this price $ 4,500  because i just finished the divorce with my
husband. When the divorce has finished i own this car. Now as a women i
don't need it. This car is in excellent working conditions, no
scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working
and looking conditions and comes with a clear title, 3 months
transferable warranty.
From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only
secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.(ebay
purchase program)
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I
have a purchase protection account for $20.000. The final price that I
want for this car is $ 4,500 including shipping and handling.
If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and
address so I can initiate the deal through eBay purchase program.IF YOU
WANT TO EXPLAIN YOU HOW WORK EBAY PURCHASE PROGRAM PLEASE LET ME KNOW
AND I WILL EXPLAIN YOU.
You can see more pictures by click on the link below :
http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn166/Ann_Bus/my%20wv/
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon.