[tcb] Re: Safety inspection Question

  • From: singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

I belive that is called Classic registration , Thats
what I have , cost every year and you have to get a
inspection every year , I hate to not use the 1961
Texas Truck plate ... but that's alot of cash over
five years.Thanks Sammie ,I had know idea it was that
way.
--- "Ten Over Surf Co." <tenover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't have antique plates but do have the bus
> registered with 1961 plates...I guess that is the
> same
> thing, right?
>
> Thanks for the info.
>

> --- Neil <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Same here...I've got the antique plates on my
> > 58...there are restrictions on drivin' with these
> > plates, but I've never had any problem...If I DO
> get
> > pulled over, I'll just say I'm drivin' for
> > maintance!
> >
> > --- sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Put antique plates on it and you don't have to
> > have
> > > it inspected.  Cost is the same as regular
> plates
> > > but they are good for 5 years and you only have
> > the
> > > cost once every 5 years.  I have them on all of
> my
> > > VWs.
> > >
> > > "Ten Over Surf Co." <tenover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Does Anybody have a reference in Houston I could
> > get
> > > safety inspection sticker for my '61 bus even
> > though
> > > my windshield wipers and horn do not work?
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and

Paul Smith
www.23window.com/thezone