[tcb] Re: Sad News

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 11:55:44 -0700 (PDT)

Terry:  I think during her lifetime she saw more changes of significance in the
world than any other human in history.  Didn't have anything to do with her,
it's just from 1910 until now there have been more significant changes than any
other 100 year period in history.

From: Duncan <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/24/2013 5:24 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Celebrate her life.

Eighteen presidents served during her life. Can you name them? I had to look
them up. Hint: start with William Howard Taft.

She witnessed Flappers, hippies and sheisters. The Dust Bowl, the Industrial
Revolution and the Technological Revolution.

Two World Wars, the Korean, Vietnam, Iragi and Afghanistan wars. The War On
Terror.

The New Deal, the three C's, Woman's Rights, Civil Rights and Watergate.

Two Great Depressions.

The births of sons and daughters, grand-children and great grand-children.
Maybe even great, great grand-children.

And yet she still made it to 102. Amazing.

Heartfelt thoughts to you and your family.

Love,
Cindy & Duncan