[tcb] Re: Rust.... preventative

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:03:23 -0800 (PST)

Go here.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=131753

--- On Sun, 2/22/09, Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Rust.... preventative
To: "Texas Coalition of Buses" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 2:02 PM

Hey bus lovers,
I am about to do some rust work on my bus and I have some questions.
The first thing I'm going to do is the short rocker under the cargo doors.
I bought an assembled piece for Kelly (metalwizard) several years ago,
but the inner part is not painted or anything.
I need a rust preventative that I can get locally (preferred) that I can
spray, or pour into one end of the rocker assembly, and coat the inside.
The goal here is to not have to do this again in 10 years.
Something like POR-15 won't work because of the priming of the metal, etc.
So what's the verdict?
Thanks!
Eric