[tcb] Re: Rust.... preventative

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:34:28 -0600

ahhhahahaha :-D :-D :-D ;-)

Kirk wrote:
I did. And my forearms. I admit it.

--- On *Mon, 2/23/09, James Dwan /<james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: [tcb] Re: Rust.... preventative
    To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date: Monday, February 23, 2009, 6:46 PM

    ahhhahahaha Kirk sand papered his forehead LOL!

            From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
            To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            Date: Monday, February 23, 2009, 9:12 AM

            Thanks sammie.
            I've read Lee's article several times.
            Basically what he is saying is that they are all a crock of $h1T in
            regards to "encapsulation".
            So, probably my best bet is to either get some master's series, or
some
            rustoleum spray paint.
            I really need something that is in an aerosol can, to spray the
inside
            of the rocker assembly.
            Mainly I just wanted to see if you guys were familiar with any
products
            that maybe nobody else has.
            I just mainly don't want to be redoing this in another 10 years...

            sammie smith wrote:
            > Go here.
            > http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=131753
            >
            > --- On *Sun, 2/22/09, Eric
             Woodall /<eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

            >     From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
            >     Subject: [tcb] Rust.... preventative
            >     To: "Texas Coalition of Buses" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
            >     Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 2:02 PM
            >
            >     Hey bus lovers,
            >     I am about to do some rust work on my bus and I have some
questions.
            >     The first thing I'm going to do is the short rocker under the
            cargo doors.
            >     I bought an assembled piece for Kelly (metalwizard) several
years ago,
            >     but the inner part is not painted or anything.
            >     I need a rust preventative that I can get locally (preferred)
that I
            can
            >     spray, or pour into one end of the rocker assembly, and coat
the
            inside.
            >     The goal here is to not have to do this again in 10 years.
            >     Something like POR-15 won't work because of the priming of the
            metal,
             etc.