[tcb] Re: Rust.... preventative

  • From: Mark Jenkins <marktts88@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:12:36 -0800 (PST)

Eric I wave sprayed por to I bought a arisol sprayer that you can put what ever
paint in at the paint supply.
be sure you are ready to spray all the parts at one time and not in the wind
!!! it does not dry in the air it will stick to anything around. Sprayed it
does look nice when it drys.

________________________________
From: Kirk <slammedcustom@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, February 23, 2009, 9:32 AM

I swear by POR 15, available locally in Dallas. I did the pans of the Super
several years ago because I found a small spot under the battery tray. I
followed the directions, scraped the loose rust off, cleaned it, and painted
it. It hasn't budged since. I did end up with it on my forehead, and had to
sand (yes I said sand) it off. I dont think it comes in a spray, but its the
best thing I have ever used. I think spray primers and the like just trap
mostiure, not prevent rust.