[tcb] Re: Rust Bullet

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 11:38:34 -0600

Brian, you ignorant slut. (Dan made me say that). If you have "thin spots" Por-15 or Rust Bullet or nothing from a can or bottle can help there. I don't know about Por but this stuff I just used makes a nice smooth surface by filling in the pinholes with a second coat, I don't think that it would "thicken" up or strengthen any thin spots in the floor. Welding or Bondo, yes, paint no.
You could build the paint more and more with coats, but I still think that is not going to substantially strengthen the floor.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Rust Bullet
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:56:51 -0600

I don't have any heat in the garage where I work on the bus and the directions say not to apply it below 50 degrees, and my parabolic heater, roaring all day only brought the temp up to 51. So Saturday the temps here skyrocketed into the sixties and it was warmer outside than in, so I moved the bus into the sun. While it was completely still when I started spraying, immediately after I began the wind picked up enough to blow around the thin plastic I was using to mask.

But I got it done and it does look good and it dried by evening. Dan will have the before and after pics.

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/