[tcb] Re: Ronnie's engine

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 06:48:03 -0800 (PST)

How do you use plasti-guage on a bearing mounted to the crank?? Do you put it
between the outside of the bearing and the case? I use Royal Purple assembly
lube. I have never heard of break-in additive. But, I'm always open to new
ideas.

Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  If the #4 seized on it, IMO,
check the align bore with a straight edge and
plasti-gauge each journal. I also use GM Break-In additive ($6 from the
local GM dealer). I haven't had a flat cam or bearing failure since I
started using this stuff. Just put it in the crankcase.