[tcb] Re: Rivi info

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 22:37:53 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Ahhh -- this is the reason I don't usually end up carabusing unless it's a
chance meeting. I'm a great procrastinator -- except on long trips I could go
the other way and ... what the heck is the opposite of procrastinate???

So, depending on how we work the days off for that week I could leave here
anytime from late Tuesday night to some time on Thursday. If I leave early
I'll find places to stop and relax along the way and arrive some time
Thursday morning/early afternoon. If I leave late I'll haul ass stopping only
for fuel and arrive as soon as the bus will let me.

The trip to Jerome should be about 28 hours straight through driving. I have
made it in 32 when I left later than expected.

Doing the whistle stop drive up the back roads I'm figuring max speeds of
60mph and AVERAGE between 45 and 50 (with fuel stops) so 550 miles would be
about an 11 hour trip. I may leave before midnight Wednesday so I can crash a
while somewhere and not be so wiped out Thursday night that the first
Beam&Coke knocks me out.

If we do a midweek split I'll only actually be off from Thursday to Sunday so
I would leave AT midnight Wednesday when I got off work. If we do a 7 day
flip I'd be off from Monday to Sunday and have a bit more leeway as to
departure time. If Chris wants to do a full 11 day flip I'd be off from
Monday to the following Friday.

Ya know -- typing this out I'm finally realizing why my trip plans are always
so "last minute". <grin>

Treats and Strips puts you at 592 miles going up 45/75/40/71 and at 541 miles
going up 59/71. It rates going up 45 as "quicker" though, assuming 70mph
speeds.

And I thought some of the DAC was supposed to hook up with the houston
drivers as y'all pass through that area?

G2