[tcb] Re: ? Replacing the copper contact for the horn

  • From: "j duncan" <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:56:15 -0500

I crawled under there and tested the horn with direct current and it works. I'm sure it's the copper contact in the steering wheel. Remember the story about going over the Hoover Dam with it blaring away? It only worked once since then. And that time was a time I REALLY needed it to work. Someone of the Venus persuasion was pulling into a parking lot while talking on a cell 'phone and headed right, square at us! The horn worked and she stopped 3' from us. It think Freedom was drawing on self-preservation because the horn hasn't worked again since.

And I heard it is common for the the copper ring to deteriorate over time and crack apart.

I can hook up a momentary switch somewhere direct to the horn but then I'd have to claim to be from AR. JUS' KIDDING! ;) <-- see, wink, wink.

----Original Message Follows----
From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I would try removing the plastic center of the steering wheel first and grounding the wire to make sure the horn is even working.

Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/