[tcb] Re: Rear wheel outer seal removal

  • From: Justin Wilt <sunbugone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 14:07:34 -0600

Buy an axle seal kit.  There are 4 bolts that hold the seal housing and the
backing plate on.  remove those 4 bolts. Pound the oil seal out of the
housing and install the new one, you will need a pipe or socket that is the
same circumference as the seal so you seat it evenly.  remove the race that
is around the axle, there is a spacer and o-ring that needs replaced as
well.  From what I remember there is an o-ring that slides over the bearing
and a paper gasket for the main seal housing as well.  It all comes in the
kit.

Justin

--
Justin Wilt