[tcb] >] Re: Deep oil sump

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 06:01:38 -0700 (PDT)

Yep.  I just had the tranny rebuilt for the baja, it cratered the main shaft
bearing bad after a lot of miles of service.  While it was out I thought I
would
replace the shift coupler with a new one, so I told them to throw in a new
shift
coupler when they brought the tranny to me, thinking I would get a good old
german new shift coupler.  What they sent was an EMPI repop.  It was such a
piece of trash that I would not even think of putting it on a car.  It went in
the scrap pile and I just used the original coupler that was already in the car
and the EMPI went in the scrap pile.  I did take it out of the package and
tested to see if it would even fit on the shaft of the tranny, guess what, it
was too small to even slip on the shaft of the tranny.