[tcb] Re: Random post

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:36:35 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Dan,

Yeah, sorry about that. I actually was sober enough to say "oops -- that's
not a whole lot of bus content" when the list sent it back to me. I dumped
the rest of the random thought on a blog at http://www.xanga.com. A place
I've decided I can put random thoughts that someone may run across and read.

No, I don't tell my "friends" where *my* blog is (the username). It's a place
to post potentially embarrasing stuff for random internet users to see in a
fairly anonymous fashion. Pointed out to me by the teenage daughter of a
customer a month ago (like WOW, this site is SO cool <giggle>). I had filed
it in the "ewwwww, yuck" category until a couple of days ago.

Mark,

Gerald needs ENERGY more than anything else right now to get the bus done.
And don't forget this little toy I posted about in the "Time to get serious"
thread that Denis started :

"Maybe I'll start working on that time-pausing machine I was designing again.
Put time on hold for a few days to work on the Rivi. Yeah -- I'll go back to
work on that in the spare time I have right now. :-D"

The time machine would probably be more useful than the shot of energy. The
Rivi just needs "dirty work" done. Rear wheel bearing going out and condition
of rubber brake lines is suspect. So, I need to replace all of the wheel
bearings and do a brake job.

And finish packing up all my Dad's stuff and moving it to storage
And figure out a time to have a family "beach party/reunion" to scatter Dad's
ashes
And pack up as much of my own stuff as I can live without and put all of THAT
in storage (very long story -- no, I'm not going anywhere)

Yep, that time machine is looking better every day.

Gerald