[tcb] Re: Question About Dual Battery Set-Up And Solar Panels

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 09:05:27 -0600

For a bunch of primitive campers there sure were allot of cords hooked up to those generators at T@P.
Just sayin.

On 1/23/2011 8:50 AM, Neil wrote:
Truth be known, I Do carry a 5,000 BTU air conditioner in the bus...reckon that ain't too primative!

From: Tracy <pepsifreek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 7:08 AM

“they” make quiet generators but of course one pays extra for them. Either way I’m in Dave’s camp on this one (pun intended)

From: David Schwarze <dschwarze@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 3:51 PM

True, but personally I believe that generators (and other noisemakers like radios) are fundamentally incompatible with camping.  So for me (and others, I suspect) a generator is not an option.  Warm beer is also not an option!

-David

On 1/22/2011 9:12 AM, chuck wrote:

Well,

  I guess if you got really desperate you could buy a small portable generator.I think you can have all the electrical you can use for less that the price of batteries and the inverter and they won't take up more space than thefour batteries.You just need to get a long extension cord and consider the low engine sound as Denis white noise.

oleblue

From: whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "TCB" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, January 22, 2011, 6:17 AM