[tcb] Re: Question About Dual Battery Set-Up And Solar Panels

  • From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 04:56:31 -0800 (PST)

I agree, a couple of good batteries, an efficient frig, LED lighting and
parking
in the shade sounds way better than parking in the sun so my batteries will
stay
charged.

I love the idea of solar, but it's not quite there yet.  The lodge my son is
taking care of this winter is strictly solar powered and recently he ran out of
power when clouds and snow covered the collectors for several days.  It's
always
windy on the mountain so they are adding a small wind turbine before next
winter.

Ronnie