[tcb] Re: Question About Dual Battery Set-Up And Solar Panels

  • From: J Duncan <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:42:06 -0600

Good discussion. My days of primitive/stealth camping are long behind me. In
fact, that's why I bought Freedom. AC in the summer and electric heater in
the winter for me. No solar setup will power that, atleast for long. Oh, and
no climbing UP out of a tent. Love my Westie.

I had to retire the orange battery this winter. It finally ran its shelf
life and wouldn't hold a charge. I replaced it with a yellow top. My winter
"to do" was to isolate the #3 fuse to the spare battery. I finally got that
done but. . .I tore everything out to run one wire behind the sink and now,
with everything out and access easy, I am wondering if I should replace the
wallpaper. Bigger job than I wanted though so I'll probably just replace the
sink and worry about it later. BulliGras is fast approaching. And T@P is
right behind that.

No solar for me. Gimme the grid.

Except I keep thinking of Dan & Kat's trip to NM and will get a small
trickle charger, though. Couldn't find the past post about their trip to
Ruidoso (?), NM but they had a dead battery and had to drift down a
mountainside!

BTW: here is G2's original post on the orange batteries, which has links.
//www.freelists.org/post/tcb/Batteries-followup

Duncan