[tcb] Re: Question About Dual Battery Set-Up And Solar Panels

  • From: Justin Wilt <sunbugone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 15:28:02 -0600

Actually, Sams Club seems to have the best price on deep cycle batteries.
 They start at $66.   They are interstate brand.  I am running my storage
shed in my back yard completely off solar.  It's not cheap to set up but it
makes your camper self sufficient when it comes to power.  It all depends on
your solar cell output (the sun) and the amp hour rating of your battery.  I
have 4, 120 amp hour batteries in my shed and 120W solar power charging
them.  From there you can run an inverter that bumps the voltage from 12, 24
or 48 volts to 120volts AC current.  I have lights and a small refrigerator
full of beer running completely off the sun.  I plan on transferring this
setup into my camper when it comes out of the body shop. There are amp hour
and inverter calculators online that tell you how long you can run a device.
No RV service connection needed!

Justin

--
Justin Wilt