[tcb] Psycobilly Volkmiesters report

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:24:28 -0600

I went to a regular meeting of the Northwest Arkansas Volksmiesters tonight and
I stood up and told thenm that a big (I think) car show was going to happen at
Nob Hill and somebody said "Psycobilly" and I said that psycobilly is actually
the party Saturday night and I told then the plans for the show and I said that
they were welcome to come, but that I didn't expect then to work since they
work so hard to put on Eureka Springs. They said that they have been wanting to
put on a show "of their own" for years but had never pulled it off and I told
them that, if anything this is a TCB show. That it was going to be for fun with
a cook-off and told them the idea of each club making their own trophy to give
away (one of the guys said what if they glue a beer can to a rim is that a
trophy, and I said "yep")

They said do you want us to help, and I said hell yeah. I told then that we
already had t-shirts for Psycobilly and that this thing was beginning a life of
it's own.

So this is good because these guys have very much experience with shows so
maybe they will keep me from falling in a hole. I told them I wanted it to be
as much fun as Paul's and Sammy's and the Classic, but then, I don't know if it
is any fun for the folks who put the shows on. If I don't have fun, I'll just
shut it down.

BY THE WAY EUREKA SPRINGS NEWS ALERT
They announced the first planning meeting is February 1st, and that it will be
a judged show. There will be two judges for each class, 1st, 2nd,and 3rd. They
don't know how many classes yet.