[tcb] Post from Ronnie

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:39:12 -0600

Hope this works. I'm on my mother in laws dail up account. Can you 22K -
ugh?

I ended up staying in Hot Springs at the National PArk last night. Not bad
for $10. Nice area, but no power or showers. Can't beat the scenery though.
Running stream right next to my campground. It didn't get as cold last night.
I did try the aux heater this morning and it does work. Wouldn't you know
it.

Dan the squealing noise was a loose fan belt on the alternator. Two bolts
and I'm back in business.

So far so good. I'm at Lake Texoma. Wouldn't you know it, I drive from New
Hampshire for Thanksgiving and beat my wife and daughter driving from Houston.

I did have to add a quart of oil, but I don't see it smoking and not much
leaking. The van had set for 3 years without being started until last week when
it was driven to the shop so it may get better. I think the last count was
about 2,500 km - 1,500 miles.

I should be back in Houston on Saturday.

Ronnie