[tcb] Re: Please send warm thoughts my way

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 05:28:10 -0700 (PDT)

They appear to be as original.  That's how they are supposed to be.  I would
leave them alone except for cleaning them up.

Julie Maroney <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I've got questions about
the heater tube for my '66. I think the
insulation jacket on it is in its original condition but I'm not sure.
The outer most layer of the covering appears to be burlap on the
section that gets hidden by the belly pans. The outer most layer of
the section that is closer to the front appears to be vinyl. Is this
how it is supposed to be? It looks like it is in pretty good shape
but should I take it off and double check the condition of the heater
tube? Should I replace the jacket with new, "improved" materials? I
am more concerned with having a toasty ride in the winter rather than
points at a show for being more original.

Julie