[tcb] Re: Perfect Timing - wiring question

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gerald.tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 15:59:43 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Will ---- I think it switches to HTML in response to mixed-mode messages
(HTML plus TEXT) like the ones Yahoo sends out. When you post a new message
from the computer it stays text --- when you reply it comes through as
HTML. This message from you was HTML. When it's a message in HTML that is
on a subject that I've become interested in I jump through the extra hoops
to open it in an external browser and copy the text out for a reply.
Otherwise I just click NEXT. <grin>

Ronnie ---- what Will said. All I change is that the main power wire from
the back goes to a stereo type distribution block rather than to the
headlight switch. Then, a single wire goes from the distro block to the
headlight switch and another from the distro block to the fuse panel. It
gets rid of the extra stress applied to the headlight switch connection
point where you have the heavy main wire hooked up with another heavy wire
jumpered off of that over to the fuse panel. Reduces that connection point
to a single wire.

The actual wiring diagram is essentially unchanged, a single jumper point
is simply relocated.

For the Rivi I also plan to run a full body length ground distribution
point to make "go clean your grounds" a non-issue. Stereo distro block at
the front and rear both grounded to the frame (to the tranny ground point
in the rear) with a 2 guage wire run between them. Any place there are
"ground clusters" (like those points on the inside of the nose where there
are 15 grounds hooked up on spade lugs for the lights and dash) I'll run a
smaller distro block in a sealed enclosure and a #6 or #8 wire to the
nearest (front/rear) main ground block.

Gerald