[tcb] Re: Paul's trip report

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:37:27 -0500

Hey Denis: I know and Paul knows: it was definitely the logo. No doubt about it. The logo was the hit of the show. You can't believe how close we came to not having it ready for the show. The sign guy put that on Thursday afternoon about 4:00. I hired a commercial artist to draw that thing and it took him two weeks to get it done. He got it to the sign shop Thursday morning. Lot of thought went into that thing and it came out better than I had hoped but still not sure it's as good as it could have been. Thought about doing all the way down the side of the bus and still thinking about duplicating it in a smaller size on the front doors.

Anyone who has seen it have any suggestions?

At 09:15 AM 8/29/2006, you wrote:
Yeah, but I blocked and sanded until I went blind and my doors look kinda alright, but I had to use a skin of bondo so the inside (back) of my doors are all wavy and look like hell. You could have stopped sooner and put a interior panel on the doors, but nooooooooooo you have to show that the inside was as straight as the outside.

I think the painting on the side of Beverly was what swung the Best of Show judges, probably all men. Paul's was judged by all women and he gave them all "rides", if you know what I mean (and I think you do).
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sammie Smith" <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>