[tcb] Re: Paul's trip report

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:18:18 -0500

There were some people that were serious and criticizing about whether you can win Best in Show without winning their class. I talked to one of the bigwigs today and was told exactly what I had already guessed, that there was a set of judges for your class and a set of judges for Best In Show. They simply stood by the judges' position. You will hear the same thing at the Oscar shows when a film will win Best Picture but not Best Director. How can a movie win Best Picture and not Best Director? I don't know, but there it is.

The only time I won at ES was second place for "under construction". I lost first place to a friggin' dune buggy. How can you tell whether a dune buggy is finished?

I think that the Zone is always a top show car, and I believe that I may never have seen or will ever see a restoration as good as Sammie's. I am mystified at how straight the metal on the doors were. Like I said before you guys just piss me off when I look at Murray and I look at your rigs. It just pisses me off.

----- Original Message ----- From: "singlecabboy" <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>