[tcb] Re: Parts for my SC

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:27:53 -0800 (PST)

Lonnie:  Best source for a rear view is Vintage Parts Ph 1-800-898-8684.  He
has some reasonably priced reproduction ones and they are only about $25.
Also, while you have him on the phone you can ask him if he has a used door
mechanism.  He usually has some used items of this nature.  But, the mechanism
is a rather simple device and he needs to look closely at it to determine
exactly what is wrong before going to the trouble to chase down a part.  May be
easily fixable.

Lonnie & Bonnie <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Sammie, Will,

  I am in need of an interior rear view mirror. My '61 never had one and I
would like to put one in.
  I also have a friend in the FWVF with a  '56 SC needing a right side door
latch. It will not open from the outside. He has already checked the handle,
which he has a spare of, and it does not appear to be the problem.

  Thanks
  Lonnie