[tcb] Re: Parting out a bus

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 13:15:27 -0700 (PDT)

Something else that it has that someone may be interested in.  I am trying to
find some data on these, maybe someone can help.  This is a November 66, 67
model year bus.  It has what I call the hump back fuel tank which I have heard
is one year only fuel tank and supposedly holds more fuel than the standard 40
liters (10.6 gallon) splitty tank.  It has a hump in the middle to make it
larger than a standard before 67 splitty, but is not overall larger like the
bay.  I  have looked at an August 66 manual (67 model year) and a December 66
manual and they both say the fuel capacity is the 40 liters (10.6 gallons).
Anyone have any personal insight into the 67 tank and how much it really
holds?  And would anyone be interested in this 67 only tank, particularly if it
holds more than 10.6 gallons?

From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx <wuzmop@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, October 30, 2010, 3:04 PM