[tcb] Re: Paint rules

  • From: Dan Martin <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 08:54:05 -0600

See if you can find this locally:

http://www.tat-co.com/product.asp?ID=268

On Jan 25, 2008, at 8:47 AM, Denis Dodson wrote:

So, I have gotten my shop warm enough now so that I can feel my fingertips, and I am scraping and sanding and welding.

We all established before that there was no rattle can primer that I can use under real car paint, right? So wherever I clean down to metal I have to use real car paint primer. I have a quart of Rust Bullet left, which, when you open use have to use up. It doesn't store well.

I don't want to drive Murray around with primer. I can't pick up any chicks that way. But I don't think that I can apply real car paint when it is this cold, right?

Right now I am cleaning and scraping and welding where the windshield rubber attaches to the body. The first time I did this I had to weld in strips of metal to replace the steel lost to rust. Now, nine years later, I decided to go in because the lip part wasn't high enough to fit in the rubber slot and prevent leaking. I was surprised to find that my old repair was holding up quite well. No rust at all. Maybe I should have left it alone. (smiley face emoticon here).

Rattle can primer anyone?

Dan Martin
1971 VW Bus
H.B.B.