[tcb] Re: Paint question for the 23 Window

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:46:32 -0700 (PDT)

You are correct Dennis, I want it to look exactly like the 1/25th scale Samba I
have on my desk - just at 1/1!

The over spray thing just bothers me. I was curious if anyone else had ever
seen one in person. It's one of those things I don't get. Like lowering,
chroming non-chrome bumpers, 22' rims, spinners, American Idol. My Wife.
Actually if I bought one in '59 I probably would have looked until I found one
without the most underspray!

From: Kirk
  <slammedcustom@xxxxxxxxx>
             Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 11:14
          AM

>     You are
          correct.
>     Believe the front 'pedal pan'
          is gray also.

          wrote:
>     > Got a call from the body
          shop. Painting will begin within the next

             > week or 2!
>     >
          So I have been searching the tech forum and photo gallery trying
>     > confirm the underneath color
          scheme.
>     > There is a lengthy thread
          on the Samba that shows a complete

             resto on
>     > a 58
          in which the underside is primer grey, wheel wells are
          sealing
>     > wax red and the front
          splash pan is...?
>     > I think I saw
          one black once and one gray once.

>   http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=257371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=600

   <http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=257371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=600>

>     > I would
          like to hear everyone's opinion on the simulated over
          spray.
>     > It never occurred to me
          until I saw this thread.