[tcb] Re: Paint question for the 23 Window

  • From: "Denis" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:24:59 -0500

Who cares about stuff like that? Good question. For me and probably 99.9% of
vintage car owners the answer is nobody, but there are people who set the goal
of their cars to be exactly like they were on the showroom floor. And, like the
Jehovah's Witnesses, as long as they don't knock on my door, I don't care what
they do. The goal is admirable, just don't pick on Murray.

My goal for Murray is for him not to look too much like a piece of sh*t and run
reliably.

James, obviously, wants a work of art, a perfect thing, and I can't wait to see
it. I like to use vintage stock as references, so I can see what it was
supposed to look like, how it's supposed to work.

          From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
          Date: Thursday, October 15, 2009, 12:52 PM

          Seems to be on par with simulated patina...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=257371&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=600