[tcb] Our trip report

  • From: "Sharon Chamberlain" <iluvvws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 06:44:35 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Friday:
Dennis, Claudia and us(Steve& Sharon) left Ft worth about 8:30 Thursday,
Arrived in Pinesville Lousiana about 4pm,no problems.
 Larry and Terry were already there.
Camped out there at the show site over looking the lake, it was pretty but
very humid.
They took a big silver tarp and made a movie screen for a make shift drive
in movie,
they showed "Cars", I went to sleep during the movie, just like home.
Sat:
The show had about 60-70 cars, very nice and friendly people, fun to see
different cars.
The car next to us was a purple bug from Pensacola Fl., he got best of show
but long distance went to Missouri,
 he towed a 74  gold convertible sunbug, it was for sale,cheater.
Tons of prizes, we all won stuff, played games, Steve embarrassed me(again)
and  won a big water Igloo cooler.
They do the show every 2 years.
They asked if TCB wanted to get together with them and do a campout at
Toledo Bend in the Fall, told them I would put it out there.
Sun:
Then we cruised back to a park by Nacogdoches where we camped, got up and
drove into very juicy gigantic June bugs,  got to the Volksblast by 9,
Nice view of the track, you could watch the races and sit by your car.
Butterflies were everywhere.
Glad the weatherman was wrong, wished we could have stayed longer.
 It sure looked threatening on the way home but it never did anything.

What a weekend- 2 shows and about 800 miles.
Next show is the Monument- we'll see everyone there.

GIF image