[tcb] Re: Only me

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 08:22:03 -0700 (PDT)

With that kind of attitude I would never make any extra money working on other
peoples buses.

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:          I just had a conversation with
Andrew Barnes, who, by the way, is real proud of the fact that he bought a
mill. He has told me how he can; grind down, with precision, my mag wheels so I
don't have to narrow my beam, clearance cut my new case if I go that way, cut a
new canal through Panama and clean my teeth.

  I don't know about all that, but we did discuss what to do about my engine. I
have now had three offers, or suggestions, about engine builders to build me a
new engine or, at least, do the repairs. And I came to the realization ( praise
God ) that it is a violation of our hobby not to do it yourself. If I didn't
care, or if I could afford it, I would be in a '56 Ford pick-up club. But I'm
not that kinda guy. I'm a keep a cheap historical icon on the road kinda guy.
And we couldn't afford to keep them maintained by professionals back in the
early 70s and I can't afford (or won't) do it now.

  I gotta build or repair this friggin' engine myself, with a whole lotta help.
As the Beach Boys said: "It takes a mess of help to stand alone".

  Music up

  Mr Dodson exits, stage left.