[tcb] Re: Only me

  • From: "Chuck Blue" <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 20:43:59 -0500

So ,Whats the problem?
ole blue
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Denis Dodson
  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2007 8:38 PM
  Subject: [tcb] Only me

  I just had a conversation with Andrew Barnes, who, by the way, is real proud
of the fact that he bought a mill. He has told me how he can; grind down, with
precision, my mag wheels so I don't have to narrow my beam, clearance cut my
new case if I go that way, cut a new canal through Panama and clean my teeth.

  I don't know about all that, but we did discuss what to do about my engine. I
have now had three offers, or suggestions, about engine builders to build me a
new engine or, at least, do the repairs. And I came to the realization ( praise
God ) that it is a violation of our hobby not to do it yourself. If I didn't
care, or if I could afford it, I would be in a '56 Ford pick-up club. But I'm
not that kinda guy. I'm a keep a cheap historical icon on the road kinda guy.
And we couldn't afford to keep them maintained by professionals back in the
early 70s and I can't afford (or won't) do it now.

  I gotta build or repair this friggin' engine myself, with a whole lotta help.
As the Beach Boys said: "It takes a mess of help to stand alone".

  Music up

  Mr Dodson exits, stage left.

AM