[tcb] Re: Okay, I'm confused

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:23:29 -0500

There is a beam on the samba for sale in Pasadena tx

I almost put in a 68 beam years ago but didn't have room for the donor bus

Having rebuilt my og beam I regret not doing that

On Aug 26, 2009, at 6:00 PM, sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok Mark: A little bit of research on the Samba reveals that apparently a 68 and early 69 bay beam is a bolt up conversion into a splitty. Apparently someone has done this to this 61. According to what I found on the samba this conversion will result in raising the front of the bus about 1 1/2" which some people then correct by welding in torsion adjusters and lowering the bus back down to stock height. It also widens the track slightly in the front since the bay track is slightly wider than the splitty. If it were my truck, rather than go to all of that trouble I would convert back to a splitty front suspension, preferably a 64-67 which are not hard to find and are not really expensive.