[tcb] Re: Okay, I'm confused

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:40:19 -0700 (PDT)

Well Mark:  You are right, those are ball joint trailing arms and axles.  But I
will gaurentee you it didn't come original on that bus.  Now the big question
is:  what is it and how did they get it mounted on there?  The bump stops are
not original to a splitty front beam either, so did the whole front beam maybe
come out from under an early bay?  Or did they just mount the trailing arms
from a bay onto the torsion tubes of the split and modify the bump stops.  Some
of you guys know the bays, does this look like a bay front suspension?  Will an
early bay front suspension bolt up to the frame of a splittie.  Help Will!

Mark you just went beyond splitty parts and immediately landed me in a place I
have no expertise.  If Will is correct about some late 67 splits having ball
joint fronts (I have never seen one nor heard of it before) maybe they found a
late 67 split and removed both the tranny and front suspension and upgraded the
61 SC.