[tcb] Re: Oil leak question

  • From: "Christopher Dirksen" <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:25:57 -0500

Ohh it is kinked, could that restrict the pressure enough to blow oil? Dang gone I never thought that could do it I'll check it tonight. Father in-law will be shocked if that's the problem, he helped me drop the engine yesterday and put it back in, Well I hope it's something that simple.

Sawyer kinked the hose! ha-ha J/K it was Jenkins idea! but it would be surprising if it were that simple.

Thanks

Cajun Eskimo

From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Oil leak question
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:18:15 -0400

It may not be as bad as it sounds. Make sure your oil breather isn't kinked or blocked.

From: wuzmop@xxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:00:45 -0400

Mechanical fuel pump? If so you could have a cracked base. Is it slinging out from behind the pulley? Too much crank case pressure will cause that.

From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 08:39:08 -0700 (PDT)

Push rod tubes?? Valve cover gasket?? Cracked case??

Christopher Dirksen <cajun-eskimo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Question,
So I have an oil leak that is kind of heavy, I have tighten all the nuts on the alternator stand, carburetor, checked and tighten oil pressure switch, pulled the engine and checked the oil cooler and seal (ok, really clean), I didn't mess with the Distributor could this leak bad enough? Looks to me like it leaks more on the left side/front engine compartment, didn't see any evedence of leaking in the rear of the engine. Curoius, if anyone has other tips to check on.

Thanks,
Leaking Eskimo

Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place!

Need a brain boost? Recharge with a stimulating game. Play now!

i'm making a difference. Make every IM count for the cause of your choice. Join Now.

See what you?re getting into?before you go there