[tcb] Re: Oil cooler question

  • From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:43:14 -0800 (PST)

It is black painted steel.

Is it common for the oil cooler to fail?  I figure I'll replace for peace of
mind.  So WW makes a good repro?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:55:03 -0800
From: atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Oil cooler question
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 I am replacing the oil cooler on a 1600cc engine.  It had a massive leak,
unsure if it was the seal or the entire unit.

I have noticed repros from WW and also Brazilian repros.  I haven't called
Black Gold but they probably sell the Brazilian model.  Since access to this
requires pulling the engine I want to make sure I purchase the best one I can.
Any suggestion?

Sorry about the Mucho Cheapo blast from earlier.  I was meaning to respond to a
friend about a new discount airline in Austin.

Jeff

Do
 You Yahoo!?
http://mail.yahoo.com