[tcb] Re: Off topic.

  • From: "Will" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 06:19:45 -0600

I was just there in sept. With my son.  We were eating at this burger place
behind roosevelt park.  Well trying too.  We wound up eating at the park while
seated on the bench.  Anyway I showed him the ghostbusters building and the
Dakota.  Somehow one was more important to him than the other.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
Denis Dodson wrote:

You guys are my friends, so I need to vent.

I just read a story on CNN about the anniversary of the shooting
of John Lennon. I have to tell someone, and it’s you guys. I lived in New
York City on Manhattan a long time ago and fell in love with the place. I have
never been so poor in my life. I had to learn how to live on my own or die.
Anyway…

I was eating and drinking in a bar on Columbus Ave, on the
West Side. I had eaten London Broil, which is the Chicken Fried Steak of New
York, and had about 100 beers when the TVs all cut to a photograph of John
Lennon. Even with the sound off, you know that they show still photos when
someone
has died. John Lennon lived at the other end of this block, at the Dakota. The
whole bar went quiet, and almost every one stood and went outside and walked to
look around the corner towards the Dakota and saw all the TV lights. It was
true John Lennon was dead, just there.

I left there and went to the subway to go home, which was
pretty much across the street from Roosevelt Hospital,  and when I came up
from underground I see all the TV lights are here now. This is where they
brought the body. I spent the night, in my room, with all the lights shining
through my window. New York is a pretty small town.

So, I know exactly where I was December 8, 1980.

What drama!