[tcb] Re: OT-I've Should Have Taken the Bus Sequel

  • From: ATX BUS <atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:25:07 -0700 (PDT)

Maybe a Eurovan?

http://austin.craigslist.org/car/409716908.html

Travel safe!

----- Original Message ----
From: Julie Maroney <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:58:18 AM
Subject: [tcb] OT-I've Should Have Taken the Bus Sequel

Yesterday I wanted to drive some more stuff from CT to my daughter at NYU.  Of
course the Suburban is in the shop.  The half of my family that only drives
BMWs did not want to lend one since it was going to be driven into that seedy
artzy fartzy community know as Greenwich Village.  But my brother was willing
to share.  He's got a new Beetle and a very old Honda Civic.  Since his VW
seems to have a dark cloud over it, he lent me his elderly yet reliable work
horse.  I had a lovely day with my daughter and a great lunch at a place that
was recommended to me by one of my favorite TCBers.  On the way home, terrible
backup on the Henry Hudson Parkway, lots of smoke coming from the engine of the
borrowed car, 30 minutes to get to the next exit, illegally parked while it
cooled, added water and made it back to CT.  Eventually I'll make it back to TX
but it is getting ever so tempting to trade to Suburban in for a bus!

Julie

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.